Cancer Hair Care Principles
Providing a caring, expert and modern service that is holistic at the same time as embracing scientific and new discoveries is at the heart of what we do. Our principles set out how we approach our services and work.
1. To provide professional, caring and helpful advice on a broad range of cancer related hair care subjects and services. As well as issues related to cancer treatment we also endeavour to offer support to anyone who is concerned about hair care & appearance issues. One way to do this is by signposting individuals to the relevant expert e.g hair loss specialist/wig fitter/headwear provider/counselling/medical practitioner etc.
2. To take into consideration ‘medical’ enquiries or hair and scalp services that require approval from relevant medical staff. We do this by clearly signposting individuals to the relative medical specialist.
3. To always take into consideration the sensitive nature of our topic matter. To encompass the whole person to include physical, emotional, practical and mental wellbeing of the individual.
4. To ensure advice is independent and impartial.
5. To strive to ensure that our information is accessible to reflect our diverse and ever changing culture.
6. To offer support to aid in decision making that is right for each person as an individual. We recognise and encourage individual choice.
7. We approach our work in a friendly, honest, transparent, professional and ethical way.
8. Whenever possible we offer services, product recommendations and a working practice that is ethically sourced. We do this by implementing a full green and ethical policy.
9. To work with partner organisations to ensure that information and resources are shared and not replicated. To respect the different working principles of these organisations.
10. To be open to new ideas, feed back and criticism of our charity so that we may offer a truly helpful service to individuals who need our support.
Together we can make hair loss one less worry.
What to do if you are not happy with our services
We really value you feed back and will always takes any suggestions and issues or complaints you make seriously. Please get in touch with our friendly team. If you feel we have let you down in any way and would like to make a formal complaint please write to us our address is:
The Trustees of Cancer Hair Care, The Caring Hair Studio, 5A Middle Row, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 3AN. For a full copy of our complaints policy please do get in touch.
For a copy of any of our policies please do Contact us.
Next planned review: February 2024