Hair loss – Talking to children about hair loss
Talking to young children about your hair loss – If you need to explain hair loss to young children we have some helpful FREE resources.
To order your FREE dolly and or children’s activity packs please follow the steps below:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell us what you would like to order e.g. Hair loss dolly and or children’s activity pack
- Include your your full name, address and any preferences for your doll. For example: Skin tone preferences (fair, medium of dark), hair colour request, child’s favourite colours. Kindly note: We will do our best to find a suitable match.
- Your FREE dolly and or activity pack should arrive within 10 days of receiving your order. (Kindly note all dollies are handmade and come with a safety and hygiene certificate). With thanks to our volunteer knitting team.
FREE Hair Loss Dollies that explain hair loss to young children
FREE Childrens Play Packs – that explain the hair loss journey to young children. Available in multiple skin colours.
Children learn through play. These beautiful dollies turn inside out with hair on one side and no hair on the other. Complete with little hats and wigs they help children to understand the hair loss journey. Children can also make and create hats and headwear or let the dolly be bare.
Maybe you are a mum, auntie or look after children and are looking for a way to explain why “mummy” is going to lose her hair. Or perhaps you need to explain to a young child in your care why they will lose their hair during treatment. Many people have told us that these dolls have really helped children to understand. Offering comfort and support.
- Explain why mummy is going to lose her hair
- To explain to a young child who is themselves going to lose hair
- For nurses and play therapists working in cancer hospitals
- For cancer support organisations to display and signpost
- For schools and play groups to encourage playing with toys that help children manage ‘difference’
- For alopecia organisations
Please do feel free to request a skin colour and let us know of any favourite colours so that we can pick out a lovely dolly for the little person in your life. Each doll is hygiene and health & safety checked.
Thanks to all the lovely volunteer knitters.
Watch our video Afro Hair Loss Guide – Talking to Children
Content last reviewed: November 2022
Next planned review: October 2024