‘Cancer Care Hairdressing Practitioner Level 1’
How to state your interest in this project:
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email title: Registering for interest of Cancer Hair Care Support Network
Within the email please tell us:
- Your full name
- Telephone number
- Business name if applicable
We will then reply to acknowledge your email and add you to our database and will send you an email, by the end of July, outlining the next steps. Thank you.
Project: Cancer Hair Care Support Network
Trained hairdressers dedicated to supporting people throughout their hair loss journey
Dear Caring Hairdresser and hair loss professionals
An exciting opportunity to be part of a globally pioneering project helping cancer patients to have confidence during hair loss.
Our vision is a world where all cancer patients can locate a hairdresser or hair loss professional who is competent, compassionate and confident to deliver thoughtful services throughout the duration of their cancer related hair loss journey.
The fact that you are reading this means you are one of those people.
We are looking for compassionate hairdressers who would like to join us in creating the ‘Cancer Hair Care Support Network.
The network offers people with cancer access to trained and dedicated hairdressers providing services throughout the UK.
At this stage, we ask you to please email us to state your interest.
The first course is set to start in October 2020.
Huge thank you to Sheila Abrahams, The Freelance Hairdressers Association and all the keen hairdressers & wig providers and hair loss professionals who are supporting this pilot project so far.
Your inspiration will fuel our dedication.
The training and what’s on offer:
First course to start October 2020
To join the network and be listed on the Cancer Hair Care Support Network Directory requires attending training and completing ‘Cancer Care Hairdressing Practitioner Level 1’, as well as signing a code of conduct:
‘Cancer Care Hairdressing Practitioner Level 1’
- Virtual ‘Live’ Training: ‘Cancer Care Hairdressing Practitioner Level 1’
- 2 Days (7 hours with breaks) or 6 evenings (6 x 2 hours sessions)
- Home study time of 20 hours
- On completion (no exam necessary) you will be given a certificate, entered onto the public Cancer Hair Care Support Network Directory and have an individual blog made about you.
- You can then choose a number of other courses to attend, as well as take up opportunities to volunteer for Cancer Hair Care within hospital and cancer support venues around the UK.
- This course includes a pack of support resources
- Includes access to the Hairdressers Support Hub (Coming soon in 2021)
- You must have 4 years of hairdressing experience or be a providing a professional wig service. Note wig suppliers who are not professional hairdressers will need to tell us about your experience on sign up (to be approved).
- You will need to commit to a total of £350 in fundraising. We will ask for £75.00 upon course registration and then a commitment to raise the further £275 within 4 months.
- We will support you with *fundraising ideas. Bursaries are available upon request and limited.
- You will need to commit to 2 days (or 6 evenings) plus 20 hours of home study
We will send you a fundraising pack with a T.Shirt, poster, shaker and other items. Below are some ideas for raising funds:
- Ask friends and family to ‘donate’ for their free hair cuts!
- Work with us to easily set up your personal just giving page. We will also supply you a template flyer so that you can explain to people why your training is so important
- If you divide the £350 fundraising between 4 months its just £87.50 a month to raise
- Consider having a donation box on display for each client
- Hold a fundraising event
- Remember a bursary can be made available. Do contact us about this.
Thank you so much for having the compassion for this project.
Now let’s get you signed up and started on a course to give you the competence and confidence in offering hairdressing to people with cancer.
Jasmin Julia Gupta – Cancer Hair Care Director of Information & NHS Clinical Services
Visit my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/TheHairLossCoach
Commonly asked Q&A
Who is presenting the course?
Meet Jasmin – The UK’s foremost cancer hair loss expert. In this session Jasmin will bust myths related to cancer treatment and hairdressing. She will explain her Competence, Compassion & Confidence approach to sharing her skills with hairdressers who wish to enhance their services to cancer patients.
You will learn how to support people throughout their cancer related hair loss journey. For example can you answer the following questions?
When is it best to colour hair post chemotherapy treatment?
Why does hair grow back curly after treatment?
Is it true that scalp cooling works by freezing the hair follicles?
What products should be used post treatment?
We show you how to develop with our charity Cancer Hair Care or develop your own business model. The course covers:
How can I build in a business model to offer cancer support services?
How can I offer services to local NHS hospitals and cancer patients
How can I join the Cancer Hair Care team?
What will your business gain?
Insights into truly supporting your clients during cancer treatments
Best guidance and practice for cancer care
Building a compassionate business model
Knowing the limitations of service and when it’s time to direct to medical or hair loss professionals
Insights into the course ‘Cancer Care Hairdressing Level 1 Practitioner’ an opportunity to embrace cancer care within your salon
About the presenter:
Jasmin Julia Gupta – The Chemo Hair Loss Coach, is the Founder and Director of Information & NHS Clinical Services at UK charity Cancer Hair Care. She is the UK’s foremost cancer hair loss expert. With a background as a professionally trained hairdresser she is a leading authority and regular advisor to major organisations such as NHS England, Macmillan Cancer Trust, Breast Cancer Now, Teenage Cancer Trust, Look Good Feel Better, and others.
Follow us on social media:
Jasmin at The Chemo Hair Loss Coach:
Subscribe to YouTube: The Chemo Hair Loss Coach
Cancer Hair Care: